ASC Foundation Annual Scientific Meeting Travel Scholarships
International – ASC Annual Scientific Meeting Travel Scholarships
The ASC Foundation will award $2,000.00 each to an International Medical and an International Affiliate member that have joined the ASC in the current year to attend the ASC Annual Scientific Meeting. These scholarships, based on need and merit, will defray registration, travel and 4 nights hotel, and will include funding for up to three additional sessions (can include but not limited to workshops, panel luncheons, etc.), and per diem allowance.
General Instructions and Criteria
Below are general instructions for the ASC Foundation Annual Scientific Meeting Travel Scholarships. Please refer to the individual scholarships for additional criteria and instructions.
- The applicant must become an ASC Member or an applicant for membership during the current year.
- A complete application, as specified in the instructions, must be submitted on the ASC Web site and received by August 15, 2014.
- A curriculum vitae that includes educational training indicating the time, place and degrees awarded, relevant awards and honors.
- Letter from applicant explaining why he/she should be considered for the Scholarship. Included in the letter should be the applicant’s statement of career goals (no more than one page) describing the applicant’s short and long term career goals and how the ASM Travel Scholarship will enhance these career plans.
- Two Letters of recommendation from individuals who are professionally familiar with the applicant’s potential.
- Application material should be submitted in the order listed as one document. Pages should be numbered and submitted in page order.
All applicants will be notified of the Foundation Board’s decision in September 2014.
Cytotechnologist – ASC Annual Scientific Meeting Travel Scholarship
- The applicant must have joined the ASC in this current year.
- The applicant must demonstrate enthusiasm for and interest in cytotechnology. Documentation of any of the following activities will be given consideration:
- Participation in or initiation of laboratory projects
- Discussion of current cytology events
- Attendance at meetings of other cytology organizations
- Presentations at cytology meetings or events
- Author or co-author of abstracts submitted to continuing education forums
- Volunteer or community work, especially that which enhances cytopathology
- The application must include a statement of career goals (no more than one page) describing the applicant’s short- and long-term career goals and how this award will enhance these career plans. The statement should be included with the applicant’s letter explaining why he/she should be considered for the scholarship.
- The curriculum vitae, applicant’s letter, and letters of recommendation must demonstrate the applicant’s enthusiasm for the field of cytopathology and need for this scholarship.
Awardees will be selected on the basis of their qualifications and interest in cytotechnology, letters of recommendation, and the selection committee’s evaluation of the potential professional benefit of the award to the candidates.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: August 15, 2014
Please have ready the following:
- Applicants contact information (Name, Address, Phone Number, email)
- Letter from applicant (including Statement of Career Goals)
- Curriculum vitae
- Two Letters of Recommendation