Separation and Detection Part II Objectives and Resources
This section discusses ISH, FISH, Dot Blot, and Microarrays. (19 slides)
- Discuss the theory of in situ hybridization (ISH)
- Define how FISH differs from ISH
- Explain the methodology of detecting chromosomal mutations by FISH.
- Describe the methodology used in Dot blot technique
- Describe the methodology used in microarrays and its advantages
http://www.cytologystuff.com/indexmolecular.htm – Molecular Methods of Separation and Detection
Nucleic Acid Purification
http://www.cytologystuff.com Instrumentation – Electrophoresis Lab, ISH Lab, Amplification Lab.
Virtual Lab: email@example.com – DNA Microarray
Cutting and Pasting – Restriction enzymes 2-D and Recombining DNA 3-D animation
Transferring and Storing DNA – Transformation – 2-D animation, Storing DNA 2-D animation
Large Scale Analysis – GeneChips® 2-D animation, Making GeneChips® Slideshow, DNA arrays 2-D