Dr. Diane Davey, Chair of the Continuing Education Oversight Committee presents a webinar on writing, reviewing and approving effective Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs).
Dr. Davey presents this material as a reference for presenters and Committee members involved in ASC Educational Activities. Most ASC educational activities offer SAM credits, including: Cyto-econferences, eJournal, Case Studies, Annual Scientific Meeting Workshops, Video Microscopy Tutorials, Panel Luncheons and MORE!
SAM Webinar objectives and rationale:
- ASC receives accreditation from ACCME for educational activities.
- ASC is approved to give Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs) by the American Board of Pathology for Maintenance of Certification.
- Keeping this accreditation and approval is critical as most cytologists have time-limited certificates.
- Audits of SAMs have shown variable question quality.
- Those subscribing to ASC activities in the future will prefer questions that mirror board-type questions.
At the end of the SAM webinar, you will be able to write, review, and approve a well-constructed assessment question that is reliable and valid.
Please contact Jodi Smith, ASC Educational Programs Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.