Hybrid Capture II Triage Objectives and Resources
This presentation deals with the association of HPV and cervical cancer, describes how the testing for HPV can help to stratify risk for those with abnormal paps, ALTS trial, Hybrid Capture technology as used in this application, and uses of the test. (37 slides)
- Describe the association of HPV and cervical cancer
- List the common high risk subtypes of HPV.
- Understand the role of persistent HPV infection in the development of cervical cancer.
- Define when it is appropriate to utilize HPV testing.
- List the basic steps in the HPV Digene Hybrid Capture test.
- Define when it is not appropriate to test for HPV DNA.
Annual Scientific Meeting News
About The ASC
Search or post career opportunities