|November 3-8, 2006|
Sheraton Centre Toronto
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Scientific Sessions include:
- Poster and Platform Presentations
- The ASC State of the Society Address
The State of the Society Address is given by the current ASC President, ASC President-Elect, ASC Foundation President and the senior ranking cytotechnologist sitting on the Executive Board. The address will cover the latest developments in the Society including what the ASC has been doing for PT, cytotechnologists' activities, Foundation updates and ASC future initiatives.
George G Birdsong, M.D., ASC President
Mary K. Sidawy, M.D., ASC President-Elect
Lydia P. Howell, M.D., M.D., FIAC, ASC Foundation President
Barbara Guidos, SCT(ASCP), Cytotechnologist Executive Board Member
- Current Issues in Cytology - Error Reduction in Pathology: From a Culture of Blame to a Culture of SafetyModerator:
Ronald L. Sirota, M.D.
Ronald Luff, M.D., M.P.H.
John Carroll, M.D.
- Papanicolaou Address
Ronald D. Luff, M.D., M.P.H.
- Basic Science Lecture - Effects of Changing Telomere Maintenance in Cells
Elizabeth H. Blackburn, Ph.D.
- State of the Art Symposium - The Suspicious Thyroid FNA: Morphology, Management and MoleculesModerator:
Edmund S. Cibas, M.D.
Susan Mandell, M.D.
Manon Auger, M.D., F.R.C.P. (C)
Yuri Nikiforov, M.D. Ph.D.
- New Frontiers Lecture - Nanotechnology in Cancer Therapeutics and Diagnostics
Gregory M. Lanza, M.D., Ph.D.
- Future Directions in Cytology - The Integration of HPV Vaccination, HPV Testing and Cytology in Cervical Cancer Prevention
Mark Shiffman, M.D.
Allan Hildeshiem, Ph.D.
- Diagnostic Cytology Seminar
Celeste N. Powers, M.D., Ph.D.
Tarik M. Elsheikh, M.D.
Terence J. Colgan, M.D., FRCPC, FCAP
Jennifer A. Brainard, M.D.
Michael S. Facik, M.P.A., CT(ASCP)
View the Diagnostic Cytology Seminar Slides
Annual Scientific Meeting News
About The ASC
Search or post career opportunities